not only do these lemon iced cookies look pretty, but they taste incredible! i have always adored these cookies because they have the absolute perfect hint of lemon. i love these cookies especially after they've chilled in the fridge , when you can really taste the lemony flavor of the glaze. this is the perfect cookie for summertime bbq's and picnics-
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice (i used fresh)
For the Glaze-
1 & 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice (i used fresh)
- Sift flour, baking powder and soda into large bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and lemon juice to sugar mixture. Chill dough 1 hour.
- On floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut cookies out.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Do not burn!! Take out earlier rather than later. This will keep the cookie chewy.
- To make the glaze-
- Mix sugar and lemon juice together.
- Once cookies have cooled, top with glaze.
- Let set before eating.