throw out your mass produced, preservative-laden ranch dressing in the fridge and make this instead. you'll be glad you did.
- 1 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in a 2-cup jar or other container with a tightfitting lid. Seal tightly and shake to evenly distribute all ingredients. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Refrigerate until chilled and the flavors have melded, about 1 hour. The dressing will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator.